Most people have laminated photos or old school paper they wish they could remove but have no idea how to remove it. Here are some simple ways to get rid of it.
It’s a common question to ask yourself as you try to remove lamination from paper, and most likely, you’ll find a simple answer. But when the question arises about removing lamination from paper, there are so many options that it can get a little confusing. To help you get started, we’ve put together this guide to help you figure out how to remove lamination from paper.
If you have a stack of paper with a laminated cover, you may wonder how to remove the lamination. But there’s no need to throw away a perfectly good piece of paper. You can get rid of the lamination by following a few steps. First, use a razor blade to cut around the laminate’s edge carefully. Then, use a pair of tweezers to lift the laminating material off the paper.
This article provides the easiest way to remove laminate from a paper without damaging it.
You can use these instructions to take off lamination from paper
1. If it’s not glued, it’s probably stuck together by lamination
2. Use heat, air pressure, a razor blade, or a knife to remove it
3. Remove the backing paper from the cover, if it exists
4. Remove the lamination using a heat gun, or a pair of scissors
5. Cut away the laminate carefully
6. Use a razor blade to score the edges of the cover
7. Pry the laminate off carefully
8. Use a heat gun to soften the laminate and help you pry it off
9. Use a pair of scissors to cut away the laminate
10. Cut away the lamination using a razor
Recent FAQ’s about How to remove lamination from paper?
how to remove lamination without damaging the paper?
While you can remove lamination without damaging the paper by cutting it away with scissors, it’s still a difficult process. With lamination, a film often covers the back of the paper, making it very difficult to cut without tearing or damaging the paper.
A laminated piece of paper can easily be ruined. When we laminate our papers, we typically add a layer of plastic over the top. This is done to protect the original paper from getting damaged by the heat of the laminator. When we laminate a paper, we soften the plastic layer and remove it from the paper. However, this also leaves a thin plastic line on the paper. We can use a heated iron to remove it. Too much heat can ruin the document, so we must take care of it. To remove this line, we run scissors across it. We can do it by peeling off the edges of the document first and proceeding further.
Also Read: Common Mistakes while using a laminator